Food & Beverage
(restaurants, cafes, bars, catering, etc.)
(hotels, resorts, spas, etc.)
(travel agents, tour guides, flight attendants, etc.)
(the right way to speak to customers/guests in English)
GET 80 OF OUR WORKSHEETS IN ONE FILE!
ENGLISH FOR THE CATERING INDUSTRY
General vocabulary 1
Fill in each blank with the correct word. If both words can be used, choose the one that sounds more
in each situation:
1. We're looking for someone to cater our wedding
. ( = the party after a wedding)
2. To put together a temporary kitchen = To
a temporary kitchen
3. Do you have a general
in mind? ( = how much money are you willing to spend?)
4. Our company has been catering large-
events for over 15 years.
5. Many catering companies cook on
( = at the location where the food is served/on-premise).
6. We've unloaded all the
( = items needed to cook) from the truck, so we can begin to set everything up. ( = organize everything to start cooking)
7. Will this be an indoor event or an
8. I'm assuming you would like the food served
9. No, we would like it to be a
10. All of our servers have a good
of the English language. ( = speak/understand English well)
Back to list of exercises
OTHER SITES (ESL):
OTHER SITES (NON-ESL):
(a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please read our
before sharing our content.