Food & Beverage
(restaurants, cafes, bars, catering, etc.)
(hotels, resorts, spas, etc.)
(travel agents, tour guides, flight attendants, etc.)
(the right way to speak to customers/guests in English)
GET 80 OF OUR WORKSHEETS IN ONE FILE!
ENGLISH FOR CHEFS & COOKS
Cooking related vocabulary 1
Fill in each blank with the correct word. If both words can be used, choose the one that sounds more
in each situation:
1. Please make sure the water is
before you throw the pasta in.
2. I cleaned the
( = the flat area where food is prepared) before I left last night.
3. Could you please
(chop up/chop out)
three cups of mushrooms?
4. Tell the customer that the food will be
in 10 minutes.
5. These knives are not
6. After you make the sauce, make sure to put it in the refrigerator so it doesn't
(go bad/do bad)
7. We need to
( = buy) more celery.
8. The vegetable
is too salty.
9. Make sure you warm up the milk before adding it to the sauce. Otherwise it will
10. Make sure to use the timer so that you don't end up
Back to list of exercises
OTHER SITES (ESL):
OTHER SITES (NON-ESL):
(a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please read our
before sharing our content.